Fertility treatment sometimes feels like a roller coaster of emotional and physical ups and downs. Our comprehensive and confidential counseling service can help you-
- Preparing for fertility treatment and explore all options available for you. All the pros & cons of the treatment offered are discussed.
- Helps in coping with anxiety and depression associated with infertility treatment.
- Work on relationship issues
- Helps in coping with previous unsuccessful treatment cycles or pregnancy losses
Infertility is defined as failure to conceive after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. Itusually affects 1 in 6-7 couples.
The problem may lie with a male partner, female partner or both.
|ABO Rh||T3, T4, TSH||ABO Rh||HSG|
|CBC||S. PROLACTIN||Hb||USG PELVIS|
|HIV||S. AMH||HB5 Ag|
Ovulation Induction ( O.I.) and timed intercourseOvulation Induction is the stimulation of ovaries so as to provide as close as possible physiologic restoration of cyclic ovarian function. The aim should be to achieve ovulation of single or almost 2 follicles. Multiple follicle development is a complication. O.I. is done usually by drugs like clomiphene, letrozole or sometimes injectable gonadotropins may be needed. During O.I. progress is monitored by serial ultrasounds. O.I. may be followed either by natural relations or IUI ( intrauterine insemination )
Intrauterine Insemination ( IUI)
IUI is a technique in which washed sperms of a male partner ( or sperm donor, known as IUI- D) are placed in the uterine cavity of a female partner at the time of ovulation. This helps by reducing the effect of factors such as vaginal acidity cervical mucus hostility and also by depositing concentrated motile sperms as close as possible to the oocyte.
|Anatomic Defects as Hypospadias||Hostile Cervical Mucus||Unexplained infertility|
|Sexual or Ejaculatory dysfunction||Sexual Dysfunction|
|Retrograde Ejaculation||Immunological Factors|
|Liquefaction Defects||Mild to moderate Endometriosis|
|Mild low sperm count/motility|
- Bilateral Tubal Block
- very low sperm motility with low sperm count and very poor sperm morphology
- Genital Tract infection
Success Rate: 14- 17 %
IVF (In vitro fertilization) and ICSI ( Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection )
IVF is a process in which the fertilization of an egg with sperm occurs outside the body. In the process, injections are given to female partners from D2 of periods so as to produce as much as follicles ( eggs) as possible. These growing follicles are prevented from rupturing inside the body through the addition of another injection ( usually on D5 or D6). The growing follicles are then aspirated under anesthesia under ultrasound Guidance. These are the observed under a microscope Depending on certain factors, We can either do IVF or ICSI.
- IVF: In this aspirated Oocytes are placed with washed sperms in a Petri dish in suitable media and allowed to grow into embryos. These embryos are then transferred in the uterus either on D2, D3, or D5 ( blastocyst )
- ICSI: In this single mature morphologically normal sperm is injected into each mature oocyte under a microscope using a set of micromanipulators in order to achieve positive fertilization and further development.
Indications of IVF/ ICSI
- Tubal Pathology
- unexplained Infertility
- Male Infertility – Low sperm count, Low sperm mortility, Poor morphology
- Severe Endometriosis
- Hormonal Factors
- Fertility Preservation
- Need for oocyte donor
- Surrogacy needed
- PGD /PGS needed.
In certain conditions, either good quality eggs are not produced by female or their oocytes cant be used (ex. Some genetic diseases in females)Egg donation is a process in which an anonymous fertile woman under the age of 35 donates her eggs to a couple where the wife’s eggs cant be used then these eggs of the donor are fertilized with the husband’s sperm. These egg donors are recruited through ART bank and are properly screened/investigated for any medical/genetic disease.